Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suggestion on new f-body springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suggestion on new f-body springs

Whats would be the top recommendation on some new springs for my 98 SS. I still have the factory rear springs in there now and need some new ones that are softer, allowing the car to sit more down on them versus the stiff as hell ones I have on there now. I have been looking at the BMR sets however I don't really want to lower my car any, I have a hard enough time getting it on the trailer now at stock height. Do I have to get lowering springs to get better rear springs? If so which ones? Thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Factory springs are as soft as you get. I have Strano lowering springs and found the rears to be very comparable to the factory. The fronts are a bit stiffer but not too harsh.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hantzum
Whats would be the top recommendation on some new springs for my 98 SS. I still have the factory rear springs in there now and need some new ones that are softer, allowing the car to sit more down on them versus the stiff as hell ones I have on there now. I have been looking at the BMR sets however I don't really want to lower my car any, I have a hard enough time getting it on the trailer now at stock height. Do I have to get lowering springs to get better rear springs? If so which ones? Thanks
The "stiffness" you are feeling is from the shitty stock shocks, not the springs. Feels like its "skipping" over bumps? Jarring bang(crash like) when hitting bumps? This is from shocks with too much compression (like the stock ones).
If you want better ride quality get better shocks.