Sponsored by:

EFILive O2 scanner setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFILive O2 scanner setup

Hi,
I am using EFILive to tune a 99 ss camaro.
All the specs are in the sig.
I need to get the car through emissions, but only allowed two not ready lights, and of course I have three. the two rear O2 sensors are turned off because I have headers and high flow cats and the other is one of the front sensors. I do have a wide band O2 sensor in one of the front and wired in according to the Innovative directions. the directions say to use the heater part of the stock O2 and the sensor part of the WBO2. to try and get it through emissions I replaced the two front O2s with new ones and removed the wide band O2.

My question is:
1) How do I setup EFILive to scanner the ready lights on the computer to see how many non-ready lights it has?
2) Is there any reason I shouldn't turn the rear O2s back on to go through emissions?

Thanks for all your help
Al
Old 07-13-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.lyberty.com/car/drive-cycle.html
Old 07-13-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Hi Al - Once the scanner is connected to the car, you will need to click the green "connect to vehicle" button then shift+F8 to retrieve the rediness test.

In regards to passing emisions, it might be easiest to temporarily re-install your NBO2 sensors and perform a drive cycle or two.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shoemike
Ok great!!!!
I guess I need to go to the dyno again to acomplish these tasks without getting rearended or a ticket.

Is there any way to setup EFILive to scan the computer for ready / non ready lights?

Thanks
Al
Old 07-13-2008, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
Hi Al - Once the scanner is connected to the car, you will need to click the green "connect to vehicle" button then shift+F8 to retrieve the rediness test.

In regards to passing emisions, it might be easiest to temporarily re-install your NBO2 sensors and perform a drive cycle or two.
Ok Thanks for the tip on the 'shift+F8'
I did install two brand new NBO2 sensors in the front an removed the WBO2 sensor already.
AL