Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My setup

Ok, I have spend countless hours reading from this website and have learned alot. can anyone give me answers to these questions? I will eventually go all out and do a complete engine that is made for real power but for now this is it.

After looking at what I have installed already, I am looking to install a 8psi AtI Procharger D1SC twin intercoolers.

The questions are:
1. what power would u expect I would have?
2. What is the max amount of power the stock engine can handle safely (just the engine, I know about the rest like rear ends and that is on the project board for me). Im talking about ordering the kit from EPP, installing it with the fuel pump, injectors, and tune it comes with and thats it for now.

3. With this set up (including a procharger installed)- what heads and cam would be perfect for it. and what is the story on prices I can expect, labor intensity etc?

I dont want to go much farther with this engine then the mods listed for now. Like I said, I will go all out later. Thanks for all the help!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

and what kinds of gaines would the head/ cam package give me with and without the blower? Thanks again
Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man umm...... Heads and cam for all motor or with the blower? Plus on a stock motor it all depends on the tune and boost. 8 psi should be in the high 400 low 500. Head and cam it all depends on what cam and heads. check with EPP on this sight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 07-14-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't take the stock block over 500 HP. Also, I would go for a built motor before I'd pick up a heads/cam package for the FI setup.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

why not just get a set of lq9 heads and run mid500rwhp.... ours lasted over a year.... then had to move onto bigger badder things lol
Old 07-15-2008, 04:47 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. what power would u expect I would have? 8 psi of boost gives an average increase of 140 rwhp on our conservative Mustang Chassis Dyno.

2. What is the max amount of power the stock engine can handle safely (just the engine, I know about the rest like rear ends and that is on the project board for me). Im talking about ordering the kit from EPP, installing it with the fuel pump, injectors, and tune it comes with and thats it for now. 520 to 530 rwhp is about the max rwhp, as an average, that we like to see a stock bottom end at.

3. With this set up (including a procharger installed)- what heads and cam would be perfect for it. and what is the story on prices I can expect, labor intensity etc?
We have found that you can add a cam or a set of heads, but generally adding both along with 8 psi of boost ends up in having to rebuild the engine. Our blower cam with the stock heads has worked out very well for us. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...php?service=63
This link will get you close on the camshaft installation charge. Keep in mind that it also includes the price of a tune. This link is old and I need to update it Bob