Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Switch/HSW Timing Controller Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Switch/HSW Timing Controller Question

I'm running a TNT F1 kit through an MSD digital window switch (#8969) and a HSW Interface Nitrous Controller (HSW-ELTR-INFCE-3). Nitrous micro switch is located behind throttle body. All are armed when I flip the nitrous switch inside the car.

My question is this: Will any of the components not work if I launch on motor with the toggle switch in the "off" position then flip it on at about the 60' mark? I've tried this technique several times but the nitrous and fuel never spray. When I launch with everything armed, it works just fine.

Any theories?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

There should be no change in operation of the system other than your arming time. It might be the Interface/computer connection is on a time delay because your probably already full throttle before activating the Interface.

If you could have the system armed but also add another switch to the solenoids relay. That way the Interface is working as designed and your still controlling the nitrous activation point.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:17 AM
10 Second Club

I hadn't thought about the interface delay. what I was thinking is that when the window switch is turned on, for the first 5 seconds or so it cycles through the number of cylinders, RPM on and RPM off settings. Maybe this is the problem.Nitro Dave, if you read this, any input? I bought it from you and was hoping you have some personal experience with it.