Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake help

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake help

this past weekend i installed a cam and had HPE tune the car on tue. well on the graph there is a dip between 4k and 4.5k which is really annoying me. i brought the graph up to work so a friend of mine can look it over. we came to the conclusion that the motor is wanting more air down low and up high. so i'm starting to look into a new intake for the car. i was looking at getting a ported LS6 with a 90mm tb or the FAST 90/90 setup. who is running a ported LS6 intake with a 90mm tb? what type of gains can be expected. the cam i chose was a TR 230/236 112lsa. i don't have the graph here today but i will post a pic of it up when i get it scanned. i need a new tb anyway or at least the stock one ported since i screwed it up and drilled the small hole in the tb out to 1/4" dia. just to get it to idle before the tune. my future plans for the car nest year are a new set of heads (TFS, ETP, or ported 243's) as well as a 150 shot. any info will be appreciated.