Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New head unit wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New head unit wiring problem

So I just installed my new Alpine 7864 head unit and it works fine but I have one problem. The HU wont turn on automatically when I turn the car on, I have to manually push the power button on the HU for it to light up. I also bought a wiring connector off of ebay to hook up so it would just plug in. I had to hook the yellows and reds together for it to work or my gauges (speed, odometer, tack) wouldn’t work. Any ideas?

Also, 2 different plugs came out of the back of my stock radio but I only used the bigger one for the new HU.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom565
So I just installed my new Alpine 7864 head unit and it works fine but I have one problem. The HU wont turn on automatically when I turn the car on, I have to manually push the power button on the HU for it to light up. I also bought a wiring connector off of ebay to hook up so it would just plug in. I had to hook the yellows and reds together for it to work or my gauges (speed, odometer, tack) wouldn’t work. Any ideas?

Also, 2 different plugs came out of the back of my stock radio but I only used the bigger one for the new HU.
the other plug is for the CD changer.