Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rich condition both banks

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rich condition both banks

Ive been trying to figure this out for bout a week now and still no luck I keep getting ps0172 and ps0175. Today I decided to check and see what my 02s were doing at idle they both were at about 700 mvlts but inermittenly they would jump down to 60mvlts I dont know if this is the computer trying to compensate for being rich or what, what should be normal for my truck?

Here is some things ive checked so far I changed the plugs I had ngk tr5 went to tr6 the plugs didnt look bad they look normal I havent driven the truck much with the rich condition so maybe they didnt have time to go bad.

I changed the oil wich didnt smell like fuel

I cleaned the maf and tried a spare one I have laying around

I sprayed carb cleaner around the intake joints didnt notice a significant change in idle kinda hard to tell with the cam which i think im gona do agian with a buddy looking at the rpms on the scanner

I put fuel system cleaner in the tank

I pulled off the outlet elbow from the supercharger there was a little oil stream pooling on the bottom not a whole lot I dont have a catch can so I take it this is prolly normal I also felt around inside the intake and it wasnt soaked with fuel from the vaccum regulator or oil

All of these changes I disconnected the battery to reset the pcm

The weather has changed around here the truck started this on our first 90 degree day the light came on right away since then its been pretty hot and humid dont know if this has anything to do with it.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen this a few times before with cars brought to me for tuning , and most of the time they have the injector flowrate table incorrect with their tune . Check your flowrate table , and make sure you know which injector you have so you have it set up right .
Old 07-19-2008, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike @ New Era
I have seen this a few times before with cars brought to me for tuning , and most of the time they have the injector flowrate table incorrect with their tune . Check your flowrate table , and make sure you know which injector you have so you have it set up right .
Well Speed Inc does my tuning when they went to tune it it ran out of injector it still has stock injectors for now which are flex fuel and larger than regular ones it was tuned in early june and I havent had problems until now which makes me think its not the tune unless the weather has something to do with it.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are supercharged with the stock injectors ?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike @ New Era
You are supercharged with the stock injectors ?
Yes stock flex fuel injectors I asked some guys with SC flexfuel trucks and they said the injectors were enough with the stock pully I think magnisun (radix) sells there SC kits without injectors for flex fuel trucks I think they would have been enough with just the SC but with the cam too they werent enough. I did figure out the problem today I had to route custom PCV lines when I installed the kit. One of the lines had a 90 degree bend the hose held its shape when it was new but with the heat it got softer and pinched shut so I installed a plastic elbow all is good so far. Thanks for the advice though