Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got a fox for swap?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default just got a fox for swap?????

i just picked up a 91 mustang gt yesterday, and will be stating an ls swap on it soon. i was wondering if anyone (i havent found one) has started a good step by step thread (like the one 67rssscamarovette aka olly did for first gens) on fox body swaps?

i found some info, but cant decide wich tubular crossmember to use and was wondering whta to do with the crossmember and shifter (automatic car)?

and so im selling my 68 camaro and taking my ls out of it to use in the fox.

Attached Thumbnails just got a fox for swap?????-new-stang.jpg   just got a fox for swap?????-leftsmall.jpg  

Last edited by leonpiper69; 07-21-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the auto crossmember I used the factory mounting points that are there for four cylinder transmission (they will be furthest rearward). You basically take your double hump cross member for stock 5.0 and modify it by widening it to fit the 4cyl stang mounting points. For tubular crossmember you can use ANY 4.6/99-04 Mustang tubular K member. But.....if you plan on running the Kooks longtubes you will pretty much be limited to the AJE K member which is what kooks designed their headers around. If you plan on going your own route for headers such as custom or modified ford headers then any K member will work. I used a UPR Chome Moly K member and it fit great and was good quality. If you plan on road racing then look into Maximum Motorsports as their K member is a very stout piece.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theres atleast 5 threads i can think of with tons of info... the link to mine is in the sig...

personally i think selling that camaro to build a foxbody is a retarded idea.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lt4malibu
personally i think selling that camaro to build a foxbody is a retarded idea.
x2

Not saying I wouldn't build the fox, but not at the expense of losing the camaro.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

i need to finish school and dont have the money to finish the 68 so i traded one of my junk cars for the fox so it will cost next to nothing to do the fox.

after i finish school someday i can always buy/build another 1st gen.

and i have found some ok threads. i just really liked how olly did the one he did. he went and listed all the options everyone has instead of just what he did. so that way there is a wealth of info all in one spot.

you know if there's five ways to do something i would like to know all of them so i can choose wich way is best for me.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

HOLY CRAP I must of missed that part of the thread....

I am one that LOVES mustangs especially the coupes/notchback like the one I have and am selling damnit.... LOL

BUT - I would sell my coupe and never buy another if it meant I could have a clean Camaro the one you've got.

Finish that Camaro first if you can. If not, at least keep it and put it to the side til you can. But dont kick yourself in the ***** later on when you realize you sold an absolute classic for an upcoming possible classic.

My .02

PM me if ya need help on the Mustang swap tho' I'll still help... LMAO!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mulletnotch
HOLY CRAP I must of missed that part of the thread....

I am one that LOVES mustangs especially the coupes/notchback like the one I have and am selling damnit.... LOL

BUT - I would sell my coupe and never buy another if it meant I could have a clean Camaro the one you've got.

Finish that Camaro first if you can. If not, at least keep it and put it to the side til you can. But dont kick yourself in the ***** later on when you realize you sold an absolute classic for an upcoming possible classic.

My .02

PM me if ya need help on the Mustang swap tho' I'll still help... LMAO!

im not selling cheap though. so dont feel too bad. i thought long and hard about it, and if i can play with the stang (completely done) and pay off a bunch of credit cards and pay off ALL of my tuition and still have money in the bank i can get another first gen later, its not like im selling it for 500 bucks or something. i need like 2 grand to finish it and for it 2 be perfect. the stangs a toy i dont care if its perfect and it (the fox) came with 2 extra motors so im selling all 3 of those with the fuel injection and everything so i may not HAVE to sell the 68 i very well may tuck it away, but if a dude comes up with enough cash anyhting is for sale.

Quick Reply: just got a fox for swap?????