Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Somthing broke and I need your opinion!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somthing broke and I need your opinion!!!!!

So I was driving yesterday and the drive train started making noise. Like the drive shaft broke but it is still spining and hitting something. the tranny gets into all gears easy and my brother does not hear the gears making noise. He says it sounds like its betwwen the tranny and rear but the drive shaft looks fine. what could it be. I have been reading posts with nopt much of a solution

63k car drives strong with 4:10s
Old 07-21-2008, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda reminds me when my pinion bearing went out at 80mph on interstate one night. It made some racket and a bad vibration. Did you look to see if the if there were any leaks or just something obvious that had broken?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmm I just had vibrations the other night in 4th, kinda like TC shudder. But when I pulled up to my exit I noticed grinding in first, second was fine. Then the next morning I had no pull for a while. I was thinking tranny but this makes me debate it....
Old 07-23-2008, 11:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SmokeU
So I was driving yesterday and the drive train started making noise. Like the drive shaft broke but it is still spining and hitting something. the tranny gets into all gears easy and my brother does not hear the gears making noise. He says it sounds like its betwwen the tranny and rear but the drive shaft looks fine. what could it be. I have been reading posts with nopt much of a solution

63k car drives strong with 4:10s
Sounds like a broken positraction. If the spiders are broke it will spin the driveshaft but the car will go nowhere fast.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2008, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jawsgear
Sounds like a broken positraction. If the spiders are broke it will spin the driveshaft but the car will go nowhere fast.

Jeff
That's what happened to me today! I backing out of my driveway, and "pop, grind, etc".
Old 07-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Banned

Thumbs down hi

spammer

Last edited by Ragtop 99; 07-26-2008 at 01:35 PM.