PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just starting out with EFI Life. need some suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just starting out with EFI Life. need some suggestions.

Well i purchased EFI Live from a board member for a good price. I uploaded the tune but dont know what to do from here. After i start it up it wants to die but after running it it runs ok. Another guy looked at the tune and said it had too much timing. Any way this didnt come with any instructions so im not too sure on what to do from here. I just want to make some minor adjustments from here & learn some of the basics and go from there. But i have no idea on where to start.

if anyone can help id appreciate it.

thanks
Jay
Old 07-27-2008, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 303 Likes on 229 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

There is a table that you can adjust the Timing..it does sound like it's got too much Timing. ****'s not as simple as turning the Distributor anymore..
Old 07-27-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What tune?
Are you sure its for your setup?
If not go back to what you had before. Hopefully you saved your old tune?
The do lots of reading and logging before randomly changing stuff. Worse case you can always go back to your old tune assuming you have saved it.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

it would have to be an extreme amount of timing no matter what the computer would pull what it couldn't use atleast in my experience it does through knock decay
Old 07-27-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ringram
What tune?
Are you sure its for your setup?
If not go back to what you had before. Hopefully you saved your old tune?
The do lots of reading and logging before randomly changing stuff. Worse case you can always go back to your old tune assuming you have saved it.

the tune thats currently in the car. Yes i know its for my setup i installed H/C on my car and got a mail order tune from TSP. I dont have my old tune cause i went from using a 224/224 to a MS4. So i dont have an old tune. I just need to know where to start so i can adjust it so it idles good at start up and it seems when i got the mail order tune a while ago it ran like a champ but every now and then i get some bogging here and there at low rpms. I already changed the 02's but i dont know if that scanner will tell me anything to help me pin point it out.