Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Door Lock Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock Problems

With a one off subject, searching didn't do much good.

Well, when I bought the car, the drivers side power lock [the white part] was missing. But, the passenger side was still fine, and locked when you press the button.

Since I rarely take anyone, the passenger side usually stayed locked. Well, after hunting and hunting, I finally came across the drivers side lock module, the entire piece that bolts to the door.

After awhile of getting all the rods connected, I finally connected it, and pressed the button. Nothing. On either side.

At first, I'm thinking I put something on backwards, or something of a sort.
Checked everything, checked the fuses. I'm puzzled by what I see. I pulled the 15a fuse for ''Pwr Accy'' and it was indeed blown. So, I disconnect the drivers side, pop the new fuse in, and push the button. Nothing on the passenger side.

So after removing the passenger door panel and such, I pull off the connector and stick a meter on it. Its reading nothing.

I traced all the wires I can find, and I can't find anything that is freyd/smashed/shorted/etc.

What might it be?

Cliffnotes: Power locks not working on either side, after replacing drivers side.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have keyless entry? Will they lock and unlock with that? Have you cleaned the conectors on the fittings on the drivers side? Look in your manual and ensure that the accy fuse is the one that controls the locks.

Quick Reply: Door Lock Problems