Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 problems and DTC

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 03:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 problems and DTC

Hi and thanks for nice site. I have a problem that I don’t seem to resolve. I have bayed a standalone wiring harness for my ls1 engine. I have mounted it in a 72 blazer 4x4.
The problem is that the engine runs ok without the O2 sensors. I have tried different sensors with the same results. Every time I connect the O2 sensors the engine run like a steam engine… no throttle response, and if I force it on the throttle it goes very slow up in rpm and finishing with a shotgun bang in the exhaust. It smells fuel and black smoke comes out. When I run the engine with O2 sens I have the following DTC P1336 EPA, P1336 EPA Pending, P1336 MPHC, P1638 PHC. All four is marked *** Engine Controller in EFI LIVE. I have measured the volt on the sensors when running, 14, 1 volt and it is heating the sensor right.
When I run the engine without the O2 sens it runs ok. Not as it should, but like 95% ok. No smoke, no fuel smell and ok throttle response. More time I use to figure this out, less I understand…. So I really hope somebody can help me out here. Any help would be taken with open arms.
Reg Chris.