PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deleting O2 codes p1133 p1153, will the car run in open loop???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 06:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Solved For Those With P1133 P1153 Lt!!! Checked With Scanner And Wideband

Okay i have read most of the threads about the LT headers problem with the O2 sensor. I have that problem, i installed LT and now i have SES light on for p1133 and p1153. With all the reading i have done, i wasnt able to get to the conclusion. Some people wrote that it will still run in open loop and others told that it wont. Since a lot of the massages are old, i wanted to know what people have discover lately. Will the car run in open loop or close loop if i set the codes for No Reporting Error.
And if i just keep running the car with the SES light ON, will the car run in Open or Close loop????

Will like that the people that coment have verify the AFR with some wideband or something to really know if the car run in open or close loop

Last edited by juanjuan07; 08-12-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED
Old 08-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you using aftermarket 02s? Usually if you use GM sensors, that cures most of them.
Try using 98-03 Corvette post cat 02s. They're more expensive than aftermarket ones, but work better.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

I put brand new GM sensors and aloso tried brand new corvettes bosch 13111 ones and i keep getting the same codes, i think witht the corvettes ones atleast i could run 20 miles without the SES Light but with factory ones it shoots sooner.

I have read a lot of options, but my choice will be to delete them, but my question is if this will cause the car to run in open loop???

And if i dont delete it, and keep runing with the SES light, would the car be running also on open loop????

Because one of the things that i read was that if you set them for No error Report, the pcm will not go in to open loop, but i want to be sure about that.

Have anyone verufy this problem with some tuner or something????
Old 08-01-2008, 10:22 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can set them to not reported and the PCM will still go into open loop and closed loop properly...
Old 08-01-2008, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Okay, but will it go into open loop because of the O2 sensors codes p1133 or p1153 even if i set them to "Not report error"????
Old 08-12-2008, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Default Results

I have been fighting with these problems for almost 7 months, i bought new GM factory sensors (200$ here in PR), bosch corvette 13111 (160$), wrap hearders (aprox 100$), the problem kept coming and when i checked with the scanner the car was running in OPEN LOOP all the time.

My last option was turning off the codes (cost me 0$ because i already have the HPT), JUST TURN THE CODES OFF AND ALL CHANGE, NO MORE ses LIGHT OBVIOUSLY AND THE BEST PART, THE CAR RUNS IN CLOSE LOOP FINALLYYYY. NOW IT GIVES GOOD MPG. AND ALL FUNTION CORRECTLY, IT ONLY SAYS OPEN LOOP1 ON THE SCANNER WHEN I GO WOT, AND I THINK THAT IS NORMAL. THE SENSORS ARE SWITCHING,I IMAGINE THAT SLOWER BUT THEY ARE DOING THERE WORK BECUASE I READ THE AFR RATIO AND ALL WAS WERE IT IS SUPPOSE.

The car has been running fine for almost 200miles or more, and i dont think it will give problems becuase when i havent turn them off my SES light comes like in the first 10miles, even if i have reset the pcm and like 1min later it went to open loop.

So my advise, like zkilla have said a lot of times, and people like me doubt about the fix because dont know if the car will keep going into open loop even if the ses light is off, JUST TURN THAT DAM THINGS OFF, and if you have a scanner keep scanning them to clear your mind of doubts.

Thanks ZKILLA for you advise and hope this will be good for those with that problem.

Quick Reply: Deleting O2 codes p1133 p1153, will the car run in open loop???