Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Basic Build Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Basic Build Question

i have done a serch befor some one points that out, and i couldnt find any really yes/no answers for the kinda build im after

soo, currently my car has.

OFI Turbo Kit GTS76mm turbo
racetronixs fuel system(hot wire kit and all the goodies) and flow matched 44's
probly a pcm for less tune..
for the short list

my goals are 600-650hp ( would like to make it in the 6krpm range,) to the ground threw an m6 and eventualy some 12bolt and keep it on pump gas and be able to putter around in traffic

so my questions are

how big(ci) can i go befor a gts76 becomes to small?

is a forged crank over kill for this kinda goal? (as in the stock crank with some minor work will work fine, no questions asked. or would a nice forged unti be a good investment?)

will a B.A.P with my racetronix hot wire kit and pump be able to hadle this kinda deall with out running lean?

injectors are probly going to have to be up sized, how big am i going to have to go/ will it effect the daley driveability?

going to go with some pre assmelbed AFR Heads, are the lt1 180ccs going to be enough? or would the 195cc lt4 heads be a better step if i ever plan to go more?

*if the lt4's, worth geting a lt4 intake or having the stock lt1 proted to match?*

what are some good head gaskets that will not be an issues...ever *for this kind of use*

will i be able to get away with the stock E.M.S and some good tuneing?

Last edited by 94m6Z28; 08-04-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: missed a question or two
Old 08-04-2008, 10:47 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LT4 intake just have a little extra meat at the top of the intake runner. I once converted a LT1 intake by welding approximately 3/8ths bead to build the material up at the port opening. Then had the machine shop make the flange flat. I had LE LT4's, so I port matched the intake ports. At the time there was a LT4 intake crisis, and they were going for $500-$900! I had about $80 at the machine shop and some of my time and elbow grease.
So the LT4's get my vote.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any one els?

Quick Reply: Basic Build Question