LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

No spark issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default No spark issues

Recently my car died on me while driving under normal conditions. I got it to start right back up and idle just fine, but when i tried to drive, it would die again after moving 20 feet. It did this 4 times before it finally quit starting all together. Took the icm to napa to test it where i was told it was bad. So i replaced the icm, still no start. The cap/rotor/ and opti are all brand new, went with the ac delco setup. So i pulled the coil off and sure enough the damn thing was melted on the underside. Got a new coil installed, and the car fired right up, but ran really rough, i'm assuming from all the fuel from continuous cranking. I let it idle for about 5 mins then took it up to 2500 rpm where it instantly died again and refused to start back up. I put an inductive timing lamp on the coil wire and there is no spark at all coming outta the brand new coil thats been installed for no more than 5 mins. I'm at a total loss here as to what the issue could be. There literally can be no more new parts to this system, plugs and wires are also only 3 months old. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm about ready to haul the car to the junkyard ;(