Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Front bumper color change?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Front bumper color change?

what the hell causes this? I bought the car from the original owner and it has a clean carfax and no stories. I thought it may have been in an accident and she just bought a junkyard bumper but my old Camaro had the SAME problem. any ideas? Both cars were 94's. Do most Fbody's end up this way after time?

Old 08-06-2008, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carfax buys their data from insurance companies... if the previous owner paid out of pocket it wont show up on carfax. That said, thats not normal... looks like someone grabbed a new facia from the junk yard. Thats not even close on paint match. Some cars will have slight variances from the urethane facias to the metal or composite body, but nothing like that.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know painting or any type of finishing on different materials with give you different results immediately and over time.

meaning the front bumper cover is a different material then the hood, and fender! and sometimes a different paint too. Even though the paint has the same color code!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

^Agreed 100% x2. I have seen this problem more persistent on the early 4th gen years and not as bad on the later. Seems they found products that worked better on these materials as the years went by. I also found out first handed that depending on the color of the car the primer underneath will vary the color on particular panels.