Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous fuel pressure regulator v6/v8?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Nitrous fuel pressure regulator v6/v8?

I have a nitrous pressure activated vaccum booster which splices into the stock fuel pressure regulator vaccum line on the v6 firebirds, it sits between the dual solenoids so that it is normally sealed and the fuel pressure regulator acts normally under non nitrous situations.

Now, on the LS1 kit 5177 there are still dual solenoids but no fuel pressure booster to increase boost to the stock fuel pressure regulator.

I thought that the IAT and MAF responded adequately on our LS1 engines and put in the required amount of fuel when they sensed a intake temperature changed caused by the liquid nitrous depressurizing to a gas?

Also, there is a temperature sensor on the later(01-02 I believe?) ls1 MAFS and the normal resistors to detect flow volume..why does it have that and the IAT? redundancy?

Are the fuel pressure regulators on our LS1's controlled by vaccum? if so does anyone know if it is the same part # as on the v6's?

and if soo..is anyone running a nitrous activated vaccum booster on their dry ls1 setups inbetween two nitrous solenoids and if so how many jets and what size to where are you using?

so many questions I know, my curious mind inquires though.