Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody using eldelbrock carb

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody using eldelbrock carb

Hey iam lookin for anybody using an eldelbrock carb what size jets are you using i bought a used one and the jets say primary 418 and secondary 401 dont know what size they are thats what the jets say on them i know stock is 113p and 107 sec dont know what i have in it now thanks
Old 08-07-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1cutlass
Hey iam lookin for anybody using an eldelbrock carb what size jets are you using i bought a used one and the jets say primary 418 and secondary 401 dont know what size they are thats what the jets say on them i know stock is 113p and 107 sec dont know what i have in it now thanks
I have an LS2 with L92 heads that I am running an Edelbrock #1407 carb on at present. I'm not sure what info your looking for, but I'll give it a shot! The 418 number you mentioned is stamped on the jet and means it has an orifice size of .118. Same with 401. Opening size is .101. By the way, that .118 is a BIG jet for most applications!! It sounds like you might be talking about a #1407 carb which comes with 413 pri. 407 sec. and 71x47 pri. metering rods. I am still sorting out my jetting and timing requirements, but at the present I am running 410 pri. and 404 sec. with a 75x47 pri metering rod.This is working well at present but I wish I had better ways to adjust the accelerator pump shot as it still has a very small stumble if your already rolling and then punch it. Bear in mind that I am at about 1200 ft. elevation. These jets probably would be too lean at sea level. You can get tuning kits with several different jets and rods from Summit or Jegs and even O'Reilly stores or also individual jets and rods. Hope this helps !

Quick Reply: Anybody using eldelbrock carb