Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT mod??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default IAT mod??

Im want to install the IAT tricker for my HSW 125 dry shot. I only need about 3 or 4 degrees or timing pulled. Right now Im on 28* I data logged a pull and got no knock but I want to be safe and still pull alittle timing. I want to wire the relay to the trigger wire off my window switch. I just wanted to know if theres anything I should kno before I install the IAT tricker mod?

I also wanted to know were do folks usually splice into the IAT (Near the sensor of at the PCM connector?).

Thanks!
Rob
Old 08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would put a relay in. I would have the window switch go to the coil. Then I would have a resistor switch in when the relay trips. This way you can have a know value at the bottom of the table. There are tables for timing and PE.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

I finished the IAT timing trick mod last night. Now my question is when the relay is engaged the IAT's go to 136* but Im not seeing any timing being pulled (mind you this is at idle if that has anything to do with it). I havent done a WOT pull yet with the relay on. At idle im seeing about 22-24* of timing. Will this change while Im driving and engage the relay for the IAT tricker?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

You set the timing table up for Temp vs MAP rating. So when the timing relay is energized the computers set table may not have any timing retard setup in those idle cells.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
You set the timing table up for Temp vs MAP rating. So when the timing relay is energized the computers set table may not have any timing retard setup in those idle cells.
But will it still pull timing at WOT, Thats all Im really worried about. I have the IAT tricker relay wired to my window switch so when it sprays the IAT tricker relay becomes energized.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BarneyMobile
But will it still pull timing at WOT, Thats all Im really worried about. I have the IAT tricker relay wired to my window switch so when it sprays the IAT tricker relay becomes energized.
If the wiring is correct it most definately should. Can you log timing while driving to verify though?
Old 08-08-2008, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Iat

I have my IAT tricker set to make the car think its 140 deg out side. On my stock 01 operating system it pulls about 3 deg of timing set up like this. You can go in to the program and adjust the IAT vs timing tables to pull more timing than that if you have editing software. I have mine adjusted to pull around six deg. BTW. Its an easy cheap mod thats worked well for me.