PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headed to get tuned! But before I go!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headed to get tuned! But before I go!

I just got my 402 installed and it does have a base tune to get it running . The problem is i have flashed and reprogrammed my pc so much and had the car jump started few dozen times that i am know getting weird codes and not only that , but everyday seems to act different ? like one day drives idles and runs ok for the tune it has ... the lifts are good and 02 are reading ok . Then next day its a complete different car. I am thinking that i might have hurt thepcm jumping it and flasing it so much ? Anyone have any input on this ? Is there a way to test the pcm . I mean i can giggle it alittle and the cars throttle goes up and down ?
Old 08-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Launching!

I never heard of flashing pcm too many times. Must if you can move it and it changes, sounds like it is junk.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 84ls1_transam
I never heard of flashing pcm too many times. Must if you can move it and it changes, sounds like it is junk.
If you move it and things change, I'd say some of the harness pins (female terminals) are loose...

Last edited by Frost; 08-10-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Default Frost you out there ?

This is what it does . I can drive all day and it will run ok then outtta the blue the tps sensors reads 2 then 6 then 10% . Then when that stops and i drive around and throttle real high and clutch in the cars rpms drop bad and it dies . Then outta the blue that all stops and its ok?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Hi, Check the TPS as it might be bad? Use an ohm meter, gradually from idle. Engine off, operate the throttle linkage by hand to watch the readings. Check the reference volts at the plug, key on, to see if steady. Nother thought. When it's running, grab the plug at the TPS & slowly rotate it, go up & down-sideways. See if the idle changes. The internals could be bad, or where the wires crimp to the plug in female connectors, have a bad contacDave