Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust question.

Hello guys I will be removing my TSP duals pretty soon and will be going with a custom off road Y and a magnaflow catback. Now what size of a Flowmaster Y collector would I need for the magnaflow catback?

Would I be loosing major power as well If I stick with a 3"? I will be doing this because unfortunately I got a State Reff ticket and I need to quiet my exhaust down, I thought the magnaflow will sound great and not be too loud and flow great as well.

Thx Roy.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you wanting to run a cutout? Thats the only way to make max power with what you are trying to do.

What you do is get a flowmaster merge that has the 3" inlets and either a 3.5 or 4" outlet. You then need a reducer for whatever size outlet you get on the merge to 3". If you want a cutout then you will need a cutout that size as well. The flowmaster merge is very long and by the time you add the cutout and the reducer it will be at the back of the car where it bends up to the over axle pipe of the catback.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:58 AM
12 Second Club

No I am not thinking of getting a Cut Out, I was Just thinking of getting the Flow master 3"-3.5" and maybe running a 3.5" Y and then just running the reducer to the I in the cat back and leave it alone. What do you all think? Or just run a 3" Y?
Old 08-11-2008, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

Any suggestions on what I want to go with?