Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug Wires Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plug Wires Question

During My Motor Mount/Header/LS6 Intake install, my buddy who was helping broke one of my plug wires. The previous owner replaced them about 15k ago so I didn't feel the need to get new ones. Now since I have to, I went to the auto parts store and bought some of the MSD 8.5mm superconductors but they were like $100 and came with 3 feet of wire for each plug wire that you have to cut and crimp yourself. Not only that, but the fittings that came with the kit don't seem to fit onto the coil pack right. I noticed that they're a different MSD part number than the ones that WS6store sells for $40 less. I really want to drive the car today and that's all I'm waiting on.

So my question is, what's my best option? I'll check some other auto parts stores but do you think that they'll have the MSD's for the LS1? I've also heard about using LS2 wires. If I can't find the MSD's should I check a stealership for LS2 wires?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

get yourself a set of taylor 409 series wires. they are like 10.4mm and withstand heat well(still use the heat sleeves also). you can get them from summit for about $80.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Launching!

I'm running LS2 wires.

If you're in a pinch, just buy some el cheapo wires and replacejust the broken one. This will give you time (and your car back) to shop around for the performance wires you want.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont waste you money on 10.4mm wires, they are too bulky and do not offer the same features of the MSD. TRhe MSD plug end is multi angle meaning it can be bent to a 90* if you want to keep it away from the manifolds.

I make MSD Superconductor LS1 car and truck length and customr length wires all the time for people on here. The universal kit that MSD sells (what you got) is for people who want to make thier own wires. I do the same for less money and offer a lifetiome guaranty against defects.

You can use and LS2 wire if you need to or I can make you as set as well. Your choice, my wires dont come apart.