Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going from ported MAF to stock MAF

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going from ported MAF to stock MAF

I am fixing to put a stock MAF back on my car and I was just wondering how much this will affect my A/F. I am using LS1edit, so I'll change the table for part throttle back to stock and then leave the table for WOT the same, at least till I can tune it. Will this change cause the car to run leaner or richer at WOT? If known approximately how much leaner or richer?
Old 08-30-2003, 12:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default Re: Going from ported MAF to stock MAF

put your maf back to stk and the stk table. Do you have an AFR on a stk maf with you current setup? You can send me a file and I am willing to help. pm me.

Jeremy Formato
Old 09-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

No, I've had my ported MAF on pretty much since I got my car. From what I hear going back to a stock MAF makes tuning a lot easier and usually will produce more HP. I mean I can take the time and money to go and dyno tune it again (because I almost had the ported one tuned right, the only problem was on the ls1edit table I had to multiply it by 117% and another 5% with a maft just to get the ltrims under 0). I was just hoping someone had done this before.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

Slammed,

I think you are correct, a stock MAF is easier to tune and they can support quite a bit of RWHP's. The only issue I have with my 85 MM Delphi MAF is the LTrims at low/part throttle are slightly above 0 where as the stock MAF is perfect. I'm going back to a stock MAF to smooth out my idle RPM's, i.e no surge. As far as dyno tuning I believe it's actually better to set up a tune which is good for both the street...drives and shifts well and the track...shifts are firm and ET's are still good rather than a making great numbers on the dyno, I use the dyno most of all to adjust the A/F. JMHO