Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Proecting the paint on under side panels /Skirts

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Proecting the paint on under side panels /Skirts

So I just got the Trans AM back from the body shop, where they painted the front end and buffed/waved the whole car up nicely. It's a Black firehawk, so we all know how great black looks, but a PITA to keep clean.

Anyway, as I was going over everything I notice the side skirts have taken quite a beating. Mostly the under side of them, as well as the ends that face into the wheel wells. They are very chipped up, and look like white specs all over.

So I took both side skirts off, and plan on dropping them off to be repainted this week. I know they will come out looking great, but is there a different paint that can be used to help protect those areas from common road debris & stones? Maybe a texture of some sort??

I'd only want the texture or what-ever applied to the under side of the skirts, the side that shows would be the standard smooth black paint to match the doors and rest of the car.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

LineX?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3M clear bra. I think you can get that cut anyway you want, so you can put that on the areas.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

just wrapped a bike with some clear plastic wrap . not like kitchen but a roll from the tint shop my friend works at . piece of cake man . can not tell it is is on there . also it comes off without taking the paint off so when it is time to sell it it will be as good as new almost .
Old 08-12-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks all, some good tips here. I'll talk to the shop tomorrow, and if they dont do a texture, i'll go with a film, 3M tint.

Quick Reply: Proecting the paint on under side panels /Skirts