Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to drivability tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New to drivability tuning

My car was tuned a year ago for WOT and a bit on drivability. For the most part it has been good, but in city mileage is painful sometimes. I feel that there's a bit more that can be done to clean up driving in city, but what to focus on and the procedure to determine that eludes me.

I've got my hands on HP Tuners and am wondering if anyone has some pointers on how to go about working on the drivability aspect. I will be getting a Wideband O2 in the coming weeks but at the moment I've heard that drivability can be done without it.

I'm sifting through the HP Tuners FAQ, links and such, have downloaded some bins and have been doing comparisons of the differences in my tune versus similar tunes though 98 Z with stock heads, TR224-112 are slim pickings. The links here say what you can do to tune it, but the link to what is best for efficiency kind is lost on me at the moment.

So whatever input given would be appreciated, I'll keep on reading on this forum and HP Tuners forum to see if I can sift and find the goal I'm looking for.