Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sts oil fill cap update

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sts oil fill cap update

anyone with am sts should consider this if they haven't done a permanent fix yet. the oil fill cap is made of plastic, at least on the older kits to avoid oil on your engine you should either relocate the return hose from the fill cap to the oil pan or valve cover or get sts to warranty the cap with a new one which is billit and does the job alot better.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Yeh I've seen that billet cap, its pretty nice if you still have it going into the filler neck. Alot of us have moved it though.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Yea I haaven't done the permanent fix because I don't want to sink a bunch more money in it trying to save for upgrades for the new camaro .
Old 08-18-2008, 06:09 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=32
We relocated the oil return line to the pan on this Camaro after the line kept giving us problems with it coming loose. Bob
Old 08-18-2008, 08:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reloacted in the pan. After having the same problem with the cap pushing itself off the valve cover causing a big mess. Bought a new plastic cap and work good until it got hot, then went back to the same mess. Got tried of messing with it. Dropped the pan and tapped it in. Added a new coupler while I was at it started to seap a little bit. No more issues from that. But good post about it though. You would think STS would redesign the flaw, but o well. Live and leran and put it in the pan from the start.

Quick Reply: sts oil fill cap update