Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frost need ur help loose pcm connection/

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Frost need ur help loose pcm connection/

Ok here is what happen! The battery died on my car and I left the key on for some reason ( just forgot) . But when I changed the battery and was laying tool up towards the pcm and when i recconected the battery and set the wrench on the pcm harness with the key on it made my injectors fire?
Witch make since why i am getting a po200 code! I check trq on bolt and messed with it alittle bit and it went away for awhile . Know on the way home tonight i got the po200 code ? how do i get a better connection here ?
Its a brand knew pcm just tuned by speed inc. Car runs great up until that code trips then runs rich as hell and wants to die!
Do i neeed a new harness . Does anyone sell just the harness ends and how hard is this to change out ? Any other ideas here would be great?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The female ends that are in the PCM's connectors have a way of spreading out over time and their contact becomes poor. You can pull the blue/red plastic part from the connector and the terminals are now held in by the white "fingers". as you pull those back, they will allow the terminals to be released and pulled out through the back of the PCM's connector. You can try to tighten them up a bit (be careful not to mash them) and re-insert them. If you need to replace the terminals, they are the female micropack 100w terminals found here: http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/product_...roducts_id/497

What year is your car, I could give you an idea of which terminals to be looking at...
Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Default ok

its a 2002 chevy camaro ! I just lighty touch the wires and the injectors fire . I really dont have to use any effort to do it really . Its almost like something under the plastic lid on the connector is loose!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For your car, the following PCM pins are the outputs that drive the injectors:

All of the following pin #'s are in the BLUE PCM CONNECTOR. The numbers are printed on the connector's back under the plastic shield right at the point where the wires go into the conector:

#19 pink - this wire is +12 at key-on and it feeds all of the injectors

#4 light green/black - inj #2
#44 light blue/black - inj #4
#37 yellow/black - inj #6
#77 dark blue/white - inj #8
#36 black - inj #1
#3 pink/black - inj #3
#76 black/white - inj #5
#43 red/black - inj #7
Old 08-20-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Default ok

but i make them fire regarless with connecter ii touch! blue or red
Old 08-20-2008, 02:07 PM
FormerVendor

Just out or curiosity, are you sure it is the injector's firing?

Sometimes, if battery voltage is low, or there is a bad connection in a ground or at the battery, the relays in the fuse box will go nuts, cycling on and off which results in multiple loud clicking noises. This noise could be confused with injector's firing I would imagine,
Old 08-20-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Question yeah

I wish it was just that! Yeah I made sure what was firing! I heard them poping as well . You can honestly feel them firing and when you go to start it . It will flood out the car.
God this is so my luck . I took them off today and put them back on without the weather stripping that is on it. Still didnt make a differance.
Why would the fire just with the key on? There has to be other one shorting out inthere aswell.
It keeps tripping the po200 code but usally goes off. But tonight on way home from work it never turned off and o2 sensor where high ( I was reading mv on sensors) 920 mv on left and right bank!
Alls i have to do with it tight it barley touch the 7 mm bolt and they click like crasy then if i wiggle the wires will pressing on it ..it will stop until i brake hard or hit a decent size bump

Quick Reply: Frost need ur help loose pcm connection/