Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A direct port jetting technique question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A direct port jetting technique question

Ok, say you have a custom direct port, instead of having the jets at the end of the line for the cylinders nozzle, is it possible to mount it on the solenoid end of the line? Seems it could work that way making jets changes EZ. The fuel is going to be metered no matter which end it is jetted on, and the nozzle itself gives it the sprayign atomization.

Can this work?
Old 09-01-2003, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: A direct port jetting technique question

Wouldn't there be a pressure drop off if the fuel still had line to go through after passing through the jet? It would act more as a restriction than a metering device.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:05 AM
Restricted User

Not sure. I just thought about the way the kits are now,a nd what a PITA it is rejetting. So, tstrated thinking whynot put the jets up front, let the solenoid open, meter the charge entering the line and let the nozzle mix it up as normal? The jet may be a restriciton, I see what you are saying (I think)...the fuel passes thru the jet, then you have little charge in a big line, with little behind it pushing it, leading to a drop of pressure and mixture rate? Is that what you mean? I guess if that were true it would be good enough to keep the jets were the nozzle is.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah, thats what I was think. Like if you put a small orafice on the end of a garden hose it sprays with high pressure. but if you now move the small orafice to the middle of the hose, pressure will build up behind it, but it will only trickle to the end of the hose. Kind've a crude analogy, but its the only think I can think of right now.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:19 AM
Restricted User

Hmmm, once again I am beaten to submission. Figured there had to be a good reason the manufactureres make it that way, other than to tease us.

Now, I was looking at this way cuz i am about ot say screw NXL and plumb my own, run the Propane ontop of it too. But, I guess I still could and just use a progressive controller, like build it with say 400hp jets. Use the PC to limit spray amount to a percentage of that favorable for the engine....is this being too lazy???