Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Thoughts/Suggestions on new paint/mods plan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 04:38 AM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thoughts/Suggestions on new paint/mods plan?

Okay, with a baby on the way and a wedding to plan for, this is more of a wish list/budget prep of stuff that I want to do in the near(ish) future (as soon as the wifey lets me ) For body mods, I was looking at doing the Berger panel mod and putting on an Ultra Z hood and an SS spoiler. I'm wanting to paint the car a nice dark gray, but am unsure of the shade I want. What does everyone think about Spiral Gray vs. Cyber Gray vs. Viper Gray vs. whatever else you can think of? I was also thinking about doing stripes like the ones below, and possibly some Grand Sport fender stripes, but am open to other suggestions. I do want to keep, well make, the car understated since the bright red it is now attracts lots of unwanted attention. What about going with black TTMs vs. the anthracite ones already on it? Would that match the look I'm going for better?
If so, can I just paint the ones I have or would I have to get new ones? Any pictures/photoshops would be appreciated.

Old pics of my car can be found here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=29

Thanks,
Adam
Old 08-19-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Veteran

that looks like a real good list of appearance mods. To me viper grey looks the best. I think the hockey stripes and the stripes on the side of the hood would look good with these because it would flow real nicely. Do the berger mod in bumper black, i believe that's what it's called. You should do the whistler mod too with the viper grey or whatever color you decide to paint your body. For wheels i think hp evos would look real good.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

cyber gray with black accents...

Old 08-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
that looks like a real good list of appearance mods. To me viper grey looks the best. I think the hockey stripes and the stripes on the side of the hood would look good with these because it would flow real nicely. Do the berger mod in bumper black, i believe that's what it's called. You should do the whistler mod too with the viper grey or whatever color you decide to paint your body. For wheels i think hp evos would look real good.
I completely forgot about the whistler mod, thanks. I'm going to stick with the TTMs; I love that style. I'm just wondering if black wheels would look better with a gray car.

1998LS1SS, is it just me or does Cyber Gray look darker on the Corvettes?
Old 08-20-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by msgZ28
I completely forgot about the whistler mod, thanks. I'm going to stick with the TTMs; I love that style. I'm just wondering if black wheels would look better with a gray car.

1998LS1SS, is it just me or does Cyber Gray look darker on the Corvettes?
The metallic compound in the paint makes it look gray at noon...in the afternoon when the sun is a bit lower, the flakes dim and it gives it a really nice darker tone.