LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

wrecked camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wrecked camaro

hey guys, i have a chance to buy a "mid 90s" camaro that was in a rollover. the guy i talked to claims that the engine and trans are ok, but what should i look for specifically on the car to be sure that the engine and trans are ok. i don't know that i want to buy it unless i can take out the engine and trans if it turns out to be a m6 car and drop it into my 91 bird. currently i have a 305/t5, and i think i can handle the swap as long as the donor car is ok. dunno how long it has been sitting there either though. any thoughts? thanks in advance.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did the car land back on its tires or sit upside down running? If it was upside down running for a while the motor was probably damaged.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure really, but from 500 ft away it doesn't look like the roof is beat up enough to say it landed on it. the guy also said the rear axle broke, so i'm thinking it came down hard on the rear wheels down. i'll see if he knows anything about it running but i bet he won't , he's just a towing company.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally i would want to see the motor running before i buy it. Check the oil pressure and listen for weird noises, unless your getting it REAL cheap. I found a totalled 93 im trying to get for cheap, and im going to take the motor/ tranny out of it, and use the trans am body panels on my formula, then junk out the rest of the car for about 400 bucks.

Quick Reply: wrecked camaro