Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need wheel stud for Moser 12 bolt.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need wheel stud for Moser 12 bolt.

I was changing back to my street tires at the track and I must of cross threaded one of my lug nuts when I put on my slicks because when I took it off it broke the wheel stud in half! So I need a replacement. Since its off a Moser 12 bolt axle I wasn't sure if I had to order that on-line somewhere? Its probalby a different size then stock is what I'm thinking. Anybody have a part # or anything that can help me out to make things easier? Thx.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Need wheel stud for Moser 12 bolt.

Similar thing happened to me. Except I had Sears mount and balance the tires and ended up in the end with 4 total broken studs on the back. The studs seem extremely sensitive to how they're threaded.

You can pick up new studs at any Car Parts store. They'll work just fine. You could probably also get some of the stock ones with that nice little "lugnut leader" (the smooth end that allows the lug nut to slide on a little before threading) on them.

Chris
Old 09-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Need wheel stud for Moser 12 bolt.

Oh yeah, to add, I don't know about the stores in your area, but the ones in mine couldn't locate the number for the studs for my 2002. I don't know if they had the 2001 part number in there either. I had them search under 98 and they found the part number. Same studs.

Chris