Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Z/28 vs 2000 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Z/28 vs 2000 WS6

Rollin back from Waco and me and this WS6 are messin around. We go 4 times from about a 70-80 mph roll to 120. The first 3 times I get the lead by a half car to a cars length each time. The last one he gets me by a half car.

So I roll down the window and ask him what year and if he's stock. He says no and I ask what he's got done. He says he's got a cam. He then asks if im stock and i say yes, cause basically I am. He was like "WHAT!?" and very surprised!

I have the mods that are in my sig and TSP hardened pushrods and after market rockers(not sure what kind). His sounded really good but I would pull him everytime except the last.

Maybe he needs a driver mod? Or he didnt have it tuned after the swap cause it did backfire a few times when he would let off.

Last edited by crazytglo; 08-23-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Good kill.

Why did the previous owner of your car do hardened pushrods and rockers with a stock cam?.

Are you sure there's no cam in your car?

When you race another LS1 you should tell him your real mods. The "LS1 stock" thing is for other cars like Mustangs and imports.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
Good kill.

Why did the previous owner of your car do hardened pushrods and rockers with a stock cam?.

Are you sure there's no cam in your car?

When you race another LS1 you should tell him your real mods. The "LS1 stock" thing is for other cars like Mustangs and imports.
When i pulled the heads do to a bent valve(missed 4th) thats what we found so I don't think it has a cam it sure doesn't feel like its any faster than my brothers '02 Z.

I would have told him everything but its kinda hard to yell every mod when your doin 70 down the highway, but i know what you mean,I could have yelled stuff like suspension and minor bolt ons.