LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need some advice on the new setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice on the new setup

Alright I've finally come to the point where I have some time and money to finish my car off the right way.

First off let me say that this car will be daily driven and I need to maintain some type of streetability, which is why I chose a supercharger over doing a nasty n/a build.

Now I havent decided on which brand of centrifugal charger to go with, but I know I'd like to see it around 7-8lbs of boost. The charger will be complemented by an already installed intake, Hooker LTs and a magnaflow catback (I might swap it out for a SLP). I need some help in deciding what cam and stall converter would work best with the this application. Please bear in mind this will be daily driven so a very hefty cam is not an option, but I'm sure someone can reccomend one similar to stock that would free up some added power for the supercharger. And of course, I need to figure out what combo stall coverter to put in.

Any serious advice is much appreciated, Im going to start ordering parts in the new few days.

Thanks guys.

Edit: Forgot to mention, end goal was around 440-470rwhp
Old 08-24-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as a stall is concerned, I would go with no less than a 3500 with your plans. Dont skimp on that either, pickup a Vig or something nice.

ATI or Vortech as far as blowers go, but thats for you to decide (read up on them).

Someone else will have to chime in about blower cams, I know your going to need a split but am unsure of whats good these days (your best bet would really be to get a custom grind, since you know what you want and the cam can be custom tailored to your requirements. The custom cam will make more power than an off the shelf and still maintain the driveability that you would like).