Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Gear swap, ABS comes on when near stopped now

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gear swap, ABS comes on when near stopped now

I just got my gears installed this morning. I also bent a pushrod on my way home from teh shop so this problem is #2 at the moment. When im coming to a stop, my abs comes on, you can feel the brake go down, and the low traction light comes on. I called the shop ofcourse and they said to bring it back once i got my valve train taken care of. What do you think??
I went from a 2.73 to a 3.73 with a brand new differential. Used the TR gear package, no wine. Thanks
Scott
Old 09-02-2003, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Gear swap, ABS comes on when near stopped now

incase you see my TR pushrods, they are not in the car as of yet, will be soon now, and if you are wondering how the hell a 6 speed car had 2.73's, well thats called buying a 6 speed car used and finding out it used to have a 12 bolt on it after you bought it.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you went from a 2 series carrier to a 3 series carrier and do not have ASR, make sure the shop changed the ABS reluctor ring to the one for the 3 series carrier. If they just moved the 2 series ring over to the 3 series carrier, that could be your problem. 2 and 3 series carriers use different reluctor rings.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, thats what they thought. Now, how safe is it? i have to drive it a distance to get the valve train fixed. This is so much fun!