Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Noid Leak????

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 04:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX Noid Leak????

I Just installed my NX wet kit. It seems that the brand new N2O noid is leaking a small amount into my motor when there is N2O in the line. I know it is leaking, cause when I purge it and then shut off the bottle. The pressure guage drops slowly. If I put my ear next to my air lid I car hear air. (car not running) All connections are tight, and the only way for the pressure in the line to leak out is to pass thru the N20 noid into the intake. Nitrous leaking into a idleing motor is not a good thing!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Is it possible to tighten the nut on top of the N20 noid and get rid of the leak?
Old 09-03-2003, 04:35 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: NX Noid Leak????

Take the noid off, and call NX. they will tell you to send it to them(shipping prepaid), and will probably replace it, as they told me they don't usually repair leaking or sticking solenoids. The only drag here is that they will make YOU pay for the shipping back to you!! This really pissed me off, as my kit was still under warranty, and felt they should have paid at least one way. Voiced my complaint to the head of customer service, and he just laughed and cajoled over the whole thing. Will never buy another kit from them.. The customer service absolutely sucks!!
Old 09-03-2003, 04:44 AM
Staging Lane

My kit was brand new!!!!! don't they test the noids before they box them up to ship out? If I would have sprayed it and then drove around for awhile. I would have had a piston and pecan pie
Old 09-03-2003, 01:00 PM
Restricted User

Yes, you can try tightening the nut assembly on top, mine was shipped a tad loose found out after install, grabbed wrench and turned a little, good to go. No more leaks.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why NOS 5177 kit send's two n2o solenoids, for safety. Your lucky you didn't blow the top of your motor through your hood. NOS IMO has the best stuff, they were around many long years before these other companys.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:02 PM
Restricted User

yep.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the leak is comming from the outlet, trying pulling the outlet, put some teflon paste on the threads, and reinstall.

I have an NX purge, and both of mine have leaked.