Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Daily Driver SOM SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daily Driver SOM SS

I am thinking about getting a Sunset Orange SS Camaro for my daily driver. I dont have any models that I am looking at in particular but I am going to try and find an '02 if I can.

I change my mind a lot, but I have decided that (at least for now) getting a car would be way more practical for my lifestyle than getting a truck. The only thing that I would need a truck for is hauling dirt bikes, and I have that covered already.

My commute is 18 miles each way, five days a week, mostly freeway. What I was wondering is if I should get an auto or a manual. I honestly dont have a personal preference and I can drive a manual also.

For the car, I was just gonna go on autotrader and find a really low-mileage car (like under 40k) and deal with any dealer that'll deal with me, so I can get whatever I want without worrying about finding anything in particular because I'll have the car trucked in from out of state.

I just want opinions, because I dont want to have the car for a month and find out that its a PITA to drive a stick everyday or something like that.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

If your drive is mostly highway, get a manual, you'll get better mileage. I got an auto for drag racing consistency. I wish I had a manual for daily driving though. Enjoy the SOM, you'll love it!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i drive a manual everyday and love it.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M6 is the only way to go.

Ryan <-- license plate is M6 GT0

Ryan
Old 09-04-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely go M6 is you enjoy driving a manual car. You'll get better gas mileage and you'll probably have more fun with it when you do take it out to just mess around. To me, the only reason to buy an A4 is for a lower ET and consistency, as stated above, or if you already have an M6 car (with few exceptions). Good luck on the search!