New Products Showcase Come inside to see the newest hardware!

New Kooks G8 Headers are Here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Kooks G8 Headers are Here!

We just got the first shipment of Kooks G8 1 3/4" Headers, Catted X-pipe, and Axleback exhausts in today. Before I left, I decided to clear off a wall in the show room and take some pictures. The X-pipe costs more than the headers...and there is a reason for that...it is one big ****. I remember hanging the thing on the wall and thinking "I hope the slatboard can support this". That being said, Kooks also put a ton of thought in the X-pipe...and it is one of the most highly engineered ones I have seen in the aftermarket.

We have a few sets of these still unsold! If your interested, call us at 443-730-9428 for awesome deals like free coating or discounts on uncoated headers!

Some of the pictures are not get greatest because the gloss paint on the slatboard made the camera freak.

Here are the headers. Standard Kooks design fully tigwelded with internally welded and blended primaries, venturi merge spike, ball and socket, high flow merge collector.

For a full product description check out our website here-
http://marylandspeed.com/kooks-long-...11-p-1547.html

Close up of the merge collector.

Attempt at picture of merge spike inside collector.

Pictures of full X-Pipe. Note that there are only two clamps on the whole system (where the cat pipes connect to the X)...the rest is either ball and socket or flanged connections. This X-pipe starts as 3" and necks down to 2.5".

Pictures of the Axleback system. The Kooks headers will bolt to your factory axleback, but for those wanting more volume, Kooks also designed this 2.5" Axleback system using their own Quad Core Mufflers. These mufflers have an awesome deep tone without any rasp or resonance. These axleback systems also work with your stock X-pipe and can be purchased here.

http://marylandspeed.com/kooks-25-ax...18-p-1549.html

These are the flex joints that Kooks uses to quell any unwanted NVH caused by the AFM system. This is actually the first time I have seen them on an aftermarket X-pipe for an LSx application.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And last but not least, the hardware kit. Only one O2 extension is included because the factory wiring is long enough on the other 3 O2 sensors. We also recommend you DO NOT use the Kooks metal header gasket unless your factory gasket is ruined. The factory gasket is a MLS steel gasket that requires no sealant, where the Kooks one is a single layer steel gasket that requires sealant. I have had the same factory gaskets on my GTO through like 5 header installs and still do not have an issue.

Quick Reply: New Kooks G8 Headers are Here!