16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

tune question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tune question/POLL

ok here's the deal i bought my 2001 ws6 6-speed it has a cam (don't know what kind), SLP headers,slp muffler,lid,ls6 intake.

it had some type of tune on it but it was running on open loop and it wouldn't pass emission test so i had the pcm flashed and it passed, but know it idles like crap so here are my choices that are budget limited,it would be nice to have the scan tool for different tunes

1. local dyno tune with efi live this month(no scan tool) $350

2. buy the efi live scan tool tune myself next year get it tuned on the dyno$399

3. buy sct x-cal tune myself next year get it tuned on the dyno $369

the local shop does tune with both efi live & sct x-cal

thanks matt

Last edited by murzyn123; 09-05-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

If Idle and emissions are your concerns - why are you looking into dyno tuning? Depending on where you live you might be able to find a local tuner to help you with you issues for less than you've listed.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BuffJoeyD
If Idle and emissions are your concerns - why are you looking into dyno tuning? Depending on where you live you might be able to find a local tuner to help you with you issues for less than you've listed.
Because he has mods that require a dyno tune and had the car flashed back to stock tune.

A full tune is really your only option. If you plan on more upgrades later most shops will will retune driveability for free, not inc dyno time.

BTW you cant tune w/just the scan tool, It is for logging only. you will have to have the tuning software as well as the scanner. Stay away from the handhelds they are just a hair better than the stock tune.
Doug