Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaded Cam2 + O2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Leaded Cam2 + O2 sensors

So I ran 2 gallons of cam2 mixed in with some 93 octane and now the car studders and stumbles from about 2000-2500 under a load. I'm assuming I screwed up the o2 sensors.

I diluted the gas some more with 93 octane in hopes I can reverse the damage done. Under a full load the car seems to pull fine, but under a slow cruise is where it has problems. It also idles fine.

Will the car possibly fix itself with the unleaded gas? Will my A/F ratio be off and potentially damage anything?
Old 09-05-2008, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 289 Likes on 190 Posts

They won't "fix" themselves, unfortunately.

Some claim that a propane torch will "clean them up", but I've tried that in the past with zero success.

It runs fine wot because O2's aren't used for wot fueling.

If they are dead from the lead, which I'm pretty sure they are, then what's happening is the car's pcm sees no voltage, or very low volatge, and tries to compensate by dumping fuel.

One of my old blower cars went through 5 sets in a summer, lol, so unfortunately I have experience in what you are now experiencing yourself...

BTW, if you only used 2 diltued gallons of race gas, then my guess would be the O2's were weak, and slow reacting anyway.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Thanks. I'm going to try cleaning them up with some carb cleaner and try the blow torch. Can't really hurt to try I guess.

If all else fails I'll go out and buy some new ones. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazycamaro496
Thanks. I'm going to try cleaning them up with some carb cleaner and try the blow torch. Can't really hurt to try I guess.

If all else fails I'll go out and buy some new ones. Thanks for the info.
Same exact thing happened to my car. Ran 5 gallons with the rest of the tank being 93 octane to spray my car. It ended up being an expensive weekend, with the gas and to replace both 02 sensors.