Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT Standard vs Pro

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default HPT Standard vs Pro

I've searched quite a bit on the benefits of both systems. It definately seems that the Pro is the best solution for tuning, but its just that much more further out of my price range. The price of the standard HP Tuners is really outside the range that I have to spend on tuning software, but when I subtract the $ that I can get for my 98 VHP tuner then I can almost afford it. I do want to tune with a wideband... a wideband that I havent yet purchased (and so increases the cost of tuning, lol). From what I gather, you can hook up a wideband via the EGR circuit or AC circuit and see the data just the same as the Pro version. Correct? Well, if this is true, and I don't mind riding with the laptop in the car, then is their any more benefit to that extra $ to have the pro? I know that simply hooking up the data logger and riding around town without a computer present is sweet, as well as the ease of wiring in a wideband... but are those the only things that make the Pro better than the Standard? Is importing the wideband info a major PITA when using the EGR circuit or something?

BTW, all I really care to do is tune my car to be a friendly daily driver. I am not interested in tuning other peoples cars, just my own. I am capable of being patient, in the sense that I dont mind any extra leg work involved in having the computer present vs a portable data logger. Who still says that I need the pro?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You basically hit the nail on the head with everything, so in the end its up to you, the pro will save you a little work with the wideband & also offers the standalone datalogging but the standard version will work just fine if you are willing to work around the inputs & such.

-Bill
Old 09-08-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Are the abilities of the two programs the same? Or does the pro show the data any differently to the user than the standard?