Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone tried the doug's first gen camaro swap headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone tried the doug's first gen camaro swap headers

Just wondering if anyone has tried the doug's swap headers for first gen camaro. I have searched the net, and can't even find any actual pictures of them. The only pic I have found shows they look to have a 3 bolt collector flange, wich I like say they have 3/8's flanges, 1 3/4 primaries, and the mounts they recommend look like the hooker mounts, or look to place close to the firewall. The price is right, would like to hear some feedback.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto on the feedbak, I am also thinking about using a set of doug's headers on my '71 nova project.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Teching In

I Used Headers From Doug's And Ceramic Coating Was Done In Mexico.coating Sucked.bought Headers From Street And Performance For 71 El Camino With
5.3 In It And They Are Very Nice Headers.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

the bends on the chevelle headers leave something to be desired...cant get the #3 cylinder plug with anything other than a modified plug socket and still touches the plug wire, touches 2 other as well

everything else looks good, but that kinda pisses me off, especially since there are no clearance reasons the pipe could not have come out further to prevent the problem

just a thought

i tried emailing them about it and got nothing back
Old 10-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the feedback. I just can't decide which ones to go with. If I could still get in on the brp's for the intro price it would be done deal, I missed the boat. Since is sounds like the doug's may be sketchy I may still go with the brp's. I don't guess the edelbrock for 1st gen have hit the market yet, or at least I can't find them.

Quick Reply: anyone tried the doug's first gen camaro swap headers