Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS into 69 camaro project

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS into 69 camaro project

It's time for me to start this project. Any input will be appreciated.

I just received my LS motor the other day. The plan is to start getting all the parts I need to make this conversion work. I have an LQ9 with approximately 20,000 or less on the motor. It came with a 4L80E and I have purchased a T56. I haven't completely decided to go either auto or manual, but since I have both I have options (leaning heavily towards the T56). I do plan to change the intake to something more attractive either a take-off from another motor or an aftermarket (these are some of the suggestions I am looking for).

I know there is a ton of info on this site and others, and I have have been spending loads of time doing the research. I am trying to get as much info as I can, including opions from others who have done this or similar conversions.

Additionally, I have a c5 oil pan on the motor now and the original oil pan, has anyone used this pan in a conversion or should I be looking for an LH8 or aftermarket pan?

I have tried to post a couple of photos, if they aren't here help on potosing would be appreciated as well.

It has a fresh 350 in it that came with the car. The motor had no miles on it when I purchased it, since I have had it I may have 700 miles on the motor. Some may ask why change the motor, I just say why not? The idea of getting north of 20 miles to the galon and better performance than I currently get is a nice combo. Plus I got the motor in a bulk purchase and have since made my money back. Mainly, I like the idea of new technology wraped in old school good looks.

Here is a youtube of how the car looks today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqq8UFDRwr0

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...wimg&id=190864
Old 09-13-2008, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

photobucket seems to work best for me hosting pics.

I am about to start a LS1-T56 swap into my 69 also. Got the motor/tranny out of the car today, still have sevarl items I want to get like brakes and stuff, then get it hauled off, and then the fun begins. Good luck, and wish me some!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:40 PM
13 Second Truck Club

an ls6 intake can be picked up for around 300 a fast inake runs around 800 i heard the aluminum intakes aren't really worth it an h3 oil pan is nice check one of them out you might need to check on running that t56 behind an lq9 i think the crank doesn't stick out as far as an ls1 not for sure might need some adapters check with mcleod i heard some people talking about using a different crank not for sure just something for you too check on before making your decision
Old 09-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Tommy good luck on your project as well. Looks like we may both benefit from this post. What is photobucket?

I was considering an aftermarket intake. I like the idea of having a polished intake, but if there are no performance gains I may as well stick to the factory manifold.

I have read others speculating about the fit of the LQ9/T56. I am checking again now, but I do recall reading others using the combo. If anyone has specific information please post it. When I get confirmation either way I will post it as well. I haven't split the LQ9/4L80E yet.

Anyone know if the C5 oil pan will work? Another one I will post the answer to when I verify.