LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Some things replaced (long/ vent)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some things replaced (long/ vent)

Some may be away about my issue wit the air bag system. It was something that has been a problem since I bought the car new. First it was a pinched wire by the passenger seat, then it was the passenger side seat belt and buckle. now its the ignition switch. I had a bucnh of codes for this but one for sure was an ignition switch code.I have also had a problem with the low oil level sensor indicting low oil level. I think the new ignition switch fixed the air bag issue but it didnt fix the oil level issue. I bought a new oil level sensor from GM for about $15 and I replaced it...But that wasa problem too. The manual said 15 ft lbs..i'm like ok seems kinda high but I went with it and stripped the boss. So I had to helicoil it and I put in the wrong size...Lucky an easy out removed the insert and I reinstalled the right size insert and I torqued it down but not to 15lbs... I decanted the oil and saw some aluminum flakes as I was pouring...I was like how did that **** get in there....So I drained the oil again and had to run 25 miles to Wally and got some Synth Pennzoil(which keeps my lifters quiet on start up). I went to autozone and all the filters that they had that I liked was AC Delco so i bought it.. went back and poured some oil into the filter andfound that the filter didnt fit right.. well that just perfect I got the wrong filter and I put oil in it.... so i ran to Advance auto which was gonna close soon and saw a declo for 4 somthing and then I saw the filter I always buy the purolater pure one(yellow fitler looks like a twinke) for 5.88. I'm like I wasnt planing on doing an oil change yet but for 2 more dollars I may as well.

So I had a fun day yesterday...Just wanted to vent. Helicoil #1 for the Monte....