Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nozzle Setup in Stock MAF

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nozzle Setup in Stock MAF

Looking for pictures/input from those that have had experience with tapping a stock MAF for a screw in nozzle for a wet kit. Im looking for detail on how this was done as well as how it was fastens, etc. I have a wet kit I will be using just want to get an idea of the best approach and where to tap into the CAI at (Ive got the LS1 CAI conversion).
Old 09-16-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wet kit has to go behind the maf. You don't want to hose your maf down with fuel and nitrous. On an S1 car we change out the stock acordian bellows for a $4 fernco rubber coupler from Home Depot there thick eniough t just drill a small hole then screw the nozzle in.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
The wet kit has to go behind the maf. You don't want to hose your maf down with fuel and nitrous. On an S1 car we change out the stock acordian bellows for a $4 fernco rubber coupler from Home Depot there thick eniough t just drill a small hole then screw the nozzle in.
Im with you on not soaking the MAF. What I was thinking was to tap into the MAF housing on the intake side of the housing...looks just big enough to support a nozzle hole.

Thats interesting about the bellow...Ive got a home depot bellow now I used for the conversion...it is pretty thick. Is that how most folks run thier nozzle...though the rubber boot? I would worry about the pressure from the nozzle making it back out.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:20 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Stroked96Bowtie
Im with you on not soaking the MAF. What I was thinking was to tap into the MAF housing on the intake side of the housing...looks just big enough to support a nozzle hole.

Thats interesting about the bellow...Ive got a home depot bellow now I used for the conversion...it is pretty thick. Is that how most folks run thier nozzle...though the rubber boot? I would worry about the pressure from the nozzle making it back out.
Take a look at this: http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=265&page=1

Most kits now adays come with one and its used to put the nozzle into the rubber bellows.

Nick
Old 09-16-2008, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

I did it on my HSW dual nozzle setup. It didn't look/feel right so I ended up notching the the intake side of the MAF housing and it was alot better. Any chance you could post up a pic of your setup? How far is your MAF from the intake?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen some like what you are wanting to do. The people drilled into the band strap as well. I am thinking you would have to use a 1/16th nozzle to do so. NX makes replacement maff ends that have the nitrous discharge made in. They are expensive but very nice.
Dave
Old 09-16-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stroked96Bowtie

Yes thats exactly how at least 5 us did it at first here local. What we did was use a 1/8 drill bit then thread the nozzle into the rouber coupler. it will hold very good. worse case it cost $4 for another one. I also drilled and tapped a c5 maf once so the nozle was behind it and it held good.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

ive got my shark nozzle mounted in the maf side facing the engine...just drill through the clamp bellow and housing at the same time...then remove the bellow and make the hole in the clamp a lil bigger...then tap the hole in the maf.....ive not sprayed this setup yet...i used to have a nozzle screwed into the mouth of the tb done the same way..
Old 09-19-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Done...

Ended up just drilling into the Fernco rubber...holds pretty good. Used a piece of home depot aluminum and made the bracket for the silinoids and WOT switch...really happy with it...came out nice I think.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails Nozzle Setup in Stock MAF-picture-046.jpg   Nozzle Setup in Stock MAF-picture-048.jpg  
Old 09-19-2008, 03:28 PM
9 Second Club

here is my old set up with a tnt F2 KIT I have the MAF PORTED IF YOU WANT TO BUY IT.
$65.00 PLUS SHIPPING AND ITS YOURS

Last edited by dnkynrbk; 09-19-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

YOU JUST DRILL AND TAP IT AND THE NOZZLE SCREW IN JUST USE A LITTLE LOCK TIGHT. WORK AWSOME FOR ME.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:31 PM
9 Second Club

The rubber piece you can get from home depot You just cut it to the length you need then boil it in hot water to stretch it over your T.B and MAF COST $4.50

Quick Reply: Nozzle Setup in Stock MAF