Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTFTs Unchanged After Heads/ ARHs

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question LTFTs Unchanged After Heads/ ARHs

Fellas, I'm surprised that my LTFTs are exactly the same, slightly negative, after installing PP 243 Stage 2 heads and ARHs.

Logically, I would think that with the improved airflow, the LTFTs would be different than they were when I just had a cam, stock heads, and shorties. I did install a new set of front O2 sensors, because the threads were galled on my originals, but that shouldn't matter. How come with all the improved airflow they haven't changed? When I installed my shorties about 6 years ago, the LTFTs were changed so much I threw a code, yet with ported LS6 heads and ARHs they stay the same????

Any ideas why, or if it makes sense at all? Thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Further information is that I hooked-up my LM-1 and did a WOT pull from 2k to about 6.5k and a/f stayed right around 13/1. I'm going to the dyno if I have to do any further tuning. I couldn't get the rpm converter this time to work (at 2k rpms the light never stopped blinking), and the WB sensor konked-out on me. I'm sick of fiddling with the LM-1 anyway.

The a/f of 13/1 I mentioned was in second gear and I just watched LM-1's readout as I was accelerating. Not exactly the most accurate way of doing it but it gave me a ballpark figure which tells me that my part throttle (LTFTs) and WOT a/f are the same after installing heads and LTs. Ever hear of this before? Thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I noticed after I put on heads my MAP on idle has changed, when logging my fuel trims my MAP was generally different across the range.
So perhaps its fluke that you are delivering the right amount of fuel due to the shift in MAP. However I would have thought WOT would be out.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedWS6 00
I noticed after I put on heads my MAP on idle has changed, when logging my fuel trims my MAP was generally different across the range.
So perhaps its fluke that you are delivering the right amount of fuel due to the shift in MAP. However I would have thought WOT would be out.
Thanks, I just got done driving some more and it seems I'm running out of fuel over 6k at WOT. I scrapped my LM-1 so I got to hit the dyno. I think you're right about WOT. Thanks.