Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost gauge troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost gauge troubleshooting

I am having problems getting my mechanical boost gaguge to work. I read every forum and searched. I've changed my source several times with the same result. When my car is at idle, it show a vac of 15-20 and at wot it goes to zero. Never shows boost....bad gauge??? any ideas?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you sure its making boost ?

Is the BPV closing ?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
FormerVendor

You can check the gauge pretty easily. Just use a compressor to put air pressure on the gauge feed line and see if the gauge shows boost. If it does then either your car is not making any boost or you have the gauge installed with a check valve in between your boost source and gauge reading point that is closing under positive pressure.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

right now I have the gauge installed on the brake booster line near the brake booster like many have done. Im not sure if the BV is closing. When standing outside the car and if you open the throttle, the plenum (plastic one) bulges with rpms and I notice a considerable difference in power when I drive . Exactly when did everyone hook up their BV tube to when they did their install?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

I checked the bypass valve and it was not moving so I changed the source for it and it is opening and closing fine now. I tested the gauge and it is working fine or at least appears to be.... now for the million dollar question--- hooking up the boost gauge??? any ideas