Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

differential shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question differential shop

Hello folks....

I have a '02 Auburn 10 bolt that, I believe, has some issues. My car has 95K miles and I just started hearing a kind of thumping sound every once in a while towards the rear of the car. I lifted it this past weekend and checked for anything loose. Nothing there. So, I then put it in neutral, held the drive shaft and moved the read tire a bit. There is some play. I don't think there is supposed to be any play there right? At any rate, is there a good place in the San Fernando Valley area that someone could recommend? I just want to keep it stock; no racing stuff. Just want to take it to a shop that guarantees their work and parts and has an excellent reputation.

For those of you that are familiar with the area, I have had 4x4 axle work done by a place on Sepulveda called 4 Wheel Parts perferformance Center. But that was for a '74 Blazer. They did a good job, but not sure (becasue I haven't called them yet) if they do cars. If there is a place the specializes in fbody, I'd rather to take it to them.

Thanks for the input and your time.

Al