Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

going from 10 bolt to 9 inch need help and advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default going from 10 bolt to 9 inch need help and advice

it will be set up to accept the springs and shocks , etc but what about the drive shaft and u joints and yoke? what is the stock length of a 2001 ls1 camaro 10 bolt rear ? the builder asked me if i want it to be the same lenght as mine or shortened , i opted to keep the lenght the same and what about my torque arm and trailing arms and panhard bar ? will all this need sustom brackets as well , can i still use them? , im running a sphoon full length torque arm , does any one know where to get the brackets ?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

It sounds like you are having a 9 inch rear custom made. Check this link out to the Moser 9 inch housing and axle package that includes the torque arm brackets and all the mounts for everything. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1116 Bob
Old 10-07-2008, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

You will want atleast 1/4 inch longer. The 9 inch is 1/4 inch shorter that a 10 bolt.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

yes im having one made by our local circle track shop , just wondering how much after the rear is done im going to have to do , i know im going to have to have a drive shaft made but im hoping the shop will be able to take my torque arm bracket and make do with it cause i dont have the extra cash right now and if im going to have to get a new torque arm im going to have to wait , anyone switched to a 9 inch and still used the same aftermarket torque arm they where running on there 10 bolt ?
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

wish i had the cash for a moser 9 inch but im actually trading my powerfeed lathe and mill for this build so any thing that has to be done he is going to have to do
Old 10-08-2008, 04:12 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chucks ss
yes im having one made by our local circle track shop , just wondering how much after the rear is done im going to have to do , i know im going to have to have a drive shaft made but im hoping the shop will be able to take my torque arm bracket and make do with it cause i dont have the extra cash right now and if im going to have to get a new torque arm im going to have to wait , anyone switched to a 9 inch and still used the same aftermarket torque arm they where running on there 10 bolt ?
With the Moser 9 inch rear, all the items that are made to fit the 10 bolt rear will also fit their 9 inch. It is impossible to say what they have in mind to make that 9 inch work for you, so you'll have to get with them on it. Bob