Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector mystery

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector mystery

Hi, i have a 98 camaro SS with an STS turbo kit, lucas 42# injectors, boost a pump, and new tune and for some reason my number 6 fuel injector has been spraying on the motor since the install. Ive pulled the injectors and swapped them around, ive changed 0-rings, ive even bought an LS6 manifold and billet fuel rails. Nothing has stopped this leak and i cant figure out why. Has anyone had this issue or have a clue to the cause? it doesnt seem to be leaking at idol but it seems too much of a leak to be only when im in boost. any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:01 PM
FormerVendor

is it 1 injector or 1 spot on the rail?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:04 AM

its one spot on the rail. the #6 spot. its the most bizarre thing ive ever seen.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by STSSCamaro17
its one spot on the rail. the #6 spot. its the most bizarre thing ive ever seen.
are you sure the rail does not have a machining flaw? or the injector could be defective.. you should not run the car intill its fixed.. take the rail off and check it out.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:51 PM

i dont think its a flaw in the rail as it leakied when it was a stock rail, and it still leaks after the billet rails were installed, right in the same spot. as for the injectors there have been no less than 3 different injectors in that spot, and they all leaked there but not when moved somewhere else.