LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Another thanks to Madman

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Another thanks to Madman

Went to the track yesterday with my 1995 LT1 Camaro.... Occasional street duty. Nitrous pro flow plate system. 383 cubic inch LT1, AFR 227's, single plane, solid roller, shaft rockers, TH400 and a Moser 9"...... stuff most of you guys already know.... We had just installed limiters on the car that I got from Madman... I had slightly bent SYA bars under the car from a previous wheelie at Pinks All Out...

Had a match race with a 408 ci LQ9 iron block LS1 with an NX direct port system. He has ETP All pro heads, beck sheetmetal intake... seriously beautiful piece...... Unfortunately I lost the race but not for any lack of power. I had to save the car instead of trying to win 500 bucks....

Earlier in the night during shakedown passes we posted a 6.06 1/8 mile and I shut the car down at 800', got on the brakes hard and ran a 9.54@130. Very conservative tune was in the XFI for this pass. My tuner told me full bore and with less delay that the car is capable of 5.80's with the same jetting...... the LS1 car on a few shakedowns went 6.17 in the 1/8 and was shutting it down due to lack of proper safety equipment to run full passes. He was going to run it all out on the last pass of the night to avoid getting booted...

Made some timing adjustments to set the car on kill and went out there for the grudge and then this happened....

http://salinasracing.com/videos/rast...e101808-HD.wmv

39MB download on a very fast server.... and it's in HD as well.....

This is also with limiters on the car set to allow like 3" of travel...... car is MAKING some serious power..... going to look into some more adjustments and possibly a switch to a powerglide to avoid the antics on the line..... Thanks again to Madman for the SYA bars.... It barely touched the header collectors, just a few dings, but did a nice job bending the madman rack which I think can be fixed... and the SYA bars were completely destroyed in the fray. I need to get the front wheels spun to make sure they aren't bent..... I lost 500 bucks but saved my 50,000 racecar..... So it was a night of ups and downs.... Ran a new best even though it was hard on the brakes 800' out.... Figure the 1/8 mile converts to like a high 9.3... And we're still creeping up on the nitrous..... We're going to fix what we bent, get the front end shored up and go out there and get the world record..... In a 3400 lb tank....
So again thanks madman for your stuff especially the sya bars. They saved what could have been thousands of dollars of damage..... I still need to work on the limiters cause we're making so much damn power that even when allowing 3" of travel she's getting crazy.... I might be calling you for wheelie bars...

Oh and I was wearing the madman and co racing shirt while I was racing so that might of helped as well..... The **** only got on my underwear and not on the shirt.... LOL

Last edited by OutlawZ; 10-20-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Video: Not Found
Old 10-19-2008, 11:03 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

Hey guy's try this streaming link : http://vimeo.com/2009417 it's the same video Outlaw was trying to post.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:21 PM
11 Second Club

Got it. . . DAYEM! ! !
Old 10-19-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

DAMN SON!

I went out but had a cold track to greet me and not prep. Did not make much differance I blew right through the converter

Get that thing fixed man our season is done you still got a chance!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

wow man nice!!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:35 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah i was happy i kept it off the wall.... I have to inspect the car thoroughly cuz i need to make sure i didn't jack something up bad.... my madman rack got jacked pretty bad.... it's bent. drivers side is up higher than the pass side.... it dug into the track as it had a bunch of concrete on it.....
Old 10-20-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

OH SNAP! lol that looked pretty awesome. If you need a new set of SYA bars (i'm sure you do) give me a call. I'll get you set up. Also, if you need any tech/help on getting your manual rack fixed, i'll help as much as I can over the phone. Thanks for the props man.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:11 AM
9 Second Club

OH SNAP! lol that looked pretty awesome. If you need a new set of SYA bars (i'm sure you do) give me a call. I'll get you set up. Also, if you need any tech/help on getting your manual rack fixed, i'll help as much as I can over the phone. Thanks for the props man
No problem.... what hit the ground was the bottom of the steering box (that little chrome plate)... It dug into the ground and it pushed the steel support bracket that you guys send to weld to the k-mbr up higher than the left side..> So now the rack is at an angle instead of parallel with the k-mbr.... the SYA bars are HISTORY.... but the oil pan is untouched so that's what I was happy about..... The whole car needs to be inspected....
Old 10-20-2008, 01:32 PM
9 Second Club

make that 600 bucks mr! lol

such and awesome and horrible sight at the same time. Like I said I dont care about the money as long as it stayed of the wall and you were all good. We can go out there and get them another time. more money to put on my boy jason next time too.

hit me up if you need any help with anything.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:16 PM
9 Second Club

make that 600 bucks mr! lol

such and awesome and horrible sight at the same time. Like I said I dont care about the money as long as it stayed of the wall and you were all good. We can go out there and get them another time. more money to put on my boy jason next time too.

hit me up if you need any help with anything
Oh yeah I forgot about that..... yeah it's fun to make a ton of power but not so fun when it comes down. I think if I hadn't lifted I would have ended up over the barrier.... could have been real expensive...

I've been talking to bowman and he thinks the Torque arm is doin it.... I need to ask theo about it... theo is saying we can shore the front end up tighter and pull more timing...
Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 PM
9 Second Club

the torque arm being short? that is what I would say but im not that up to date as far as torque arm length goes... what does bowman run anyways? custom?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
the torque arm being short? that is what I would say but im not that up to date as far as torque arm length goes... what does bowman run anyways? custom?
Bowmans is custom. Jason runs the short Spohn arm. Might be time for a progressive controller, keep the sissy bars off!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:46 PM
9 Second Club

just as I figured. Ya I knew J had the short Spohn but with it being short cause it to wheelstand more than a long one, I think that is what bowman is trying to say?

but it is progressed via timing with the FAST xfi which should be enough once we limit the front enough. testing needs to happen for sure.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

I was thinking the N20 can be progressive to not hit the tires so hard on launch, but timing or whatever works.

Yeah, short TA hits the tires different than a longer one, so Im sure something new will help. I told Jason who the hookup was on a TA when he gets serious about it.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When I finaly got the FJO working right this weekend One of the things that did work good was the way it really started feeding the juice as the car was coming back down. the car landed softer then it has in the past
Old 10-21-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DanZ28
Bowmans is custom. Jason runs the short Spohn arm. Might be time for a progressive controller, keep the sissy bars off!
you have travel limiters? also, if you need a new mounting plate for that rack, let me know, I can have one shipped out to you asap.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 AM
9 Second Club

you have travel limiters? also, if you need a new mounting plate for that rack, let me know, I can have one shipped out to you asap.
Yeah we had just installed the limiters... They were set to hole #4 (allowed for a bit of extension).... We're going to test with them alot tighter... I looked at the car yesterday and the plate looks like it can be fixed Steve..... Once I get it to the shop and have my chassis guy look at it i'll be calling you.....

at the very least i'm going to need new SYA bars..... I'll call you soon...
Old 10-21-2008, 11:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanZ28

Bowman runs our torque arm.

225-343-9029
Old 10-21-2008, 01:41 PM
9 Second Club

Bowman runs our torque arm
Yeah that's what I thought..... I thought it was a further customized madman unit...

Quick Reply: Another thanks to Madman